22 August 2018

Blog, here I come!

Well guys, I'm doing it.

I'm going to start blogging. My life has so many "laugh or you'll cry, but really also laugh just because it actually is pretty funny" moments that I think it's time to share my joys (and challenges) with the world. I say joy because my life truly is full of joy, love and laughter (in full disclosure, sometimes the only laughter is from giddy overtired children plotting shenanigans behind my back, but I digress). I also say challenges because I've spent hours of my life cleaning multicolored crayon wax from the interior walls of a dryer.

This wasn't even the worst of it.

So there's that.

My hope is this will serve several purposes:

I love writing. I always have and I hope I always will. When I get a good story rolling from my head through my fingers and onto the page, the therapeutic result is amazing. Ah-mazing. Maybe this outlet will save me from pulling all my hair out. Or at least what's left of the postpartum half-haired head thing I have going on right now...

Often I think people - especially moms - can get caught up in the mundane bits of life, and our challenges in the moment often seem to far outweigh the joys. My hope is that by getting a glimpse into some of my chaotic bliss, you can have a reprieve from your own struggles and maybe have a second or two to yourself. (To laugh at my struggles - hey, it's what I'm here for!)

No one has their shit together. No one. Not even "that mom." By sharing my little moments in life, I hope that someone, somewhere out there will pause the next time they compare themselves to the Joneses. Life is messy but beautiful, and never perfect.

If this is hers vs. yours, don't worry! Her kid may
have had an accident on the boss's leather
sofa yesterday - you never know.

Because in all this chaos is beauty. Welcome to my gorgeous chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment